By Jeremy | October 10, 2011
Yesterday, family crowded mom and dad’s apartment to celebrate my 37th birthday. Â My favorite birthday tradition is preparing a gourmet feast. Â Here’s this year’s menu:
- Heirloom tomato salad with an olive medley and fresh mozzarella
- Whole wheat penne with basil pesto or chicken meatballs
- Roasted vegetables including yellow and red beets; portobello mushrooms; white, green, and purple asparagus; red and yellow onions; and garlic
- Ciopinno and sourdough croutons with lump crab meat, little neck clams, steamers, shrimp, flounder and tilapia (adapted from this Bobby Flay recipe)
- Plus homemade flan (thanks Lorena!) and Tiramisu from Veniero’s (thanks Jamie and Taina!) for dessert.
- Special thanks to my spectacular sous chefs Vinny, Diana, and mom for all your help too!
Healthy, festive, and scrumptious — just the way I like it! I think my family enjoyed it too.
You must be logged in to post a comment.